Excerpt from this article:
- Women tended to be a tad more verbose: Women had a median length of 30 words and a median response of 24 minutes.
- Men sent slightly quicker and shorter replies than women: Men had a median length of 28 words and a median response of 28 minutes.
- People replied faster to emails during weekdays and working hours; replies were shorter later in the day, as well as on weekends.
- Younger demographics sent quicker: Teens responded within a median of 13 minutes, young adults took 16, and mature adults, aged 51 and over, sometimes took upward of 47 minutes to reply.
- Older demographics sent longer replies: Teens had a median reply length of 17 words, young adults had 31, and mature adults had 40.
- Younger demographics handled email overload better: Older users replied to a smaller fraction of incoming emails, while younger users replied quicker and to a higher fraction.