Excerpt from this article:
Echo for dementia
Caregivers often get frustrated because seniors with dementia repeat questions endlessly, need to be entertained, or get anxious when you’re not around. Having Echo there to answer questions, talk about news or weather, or play music can give caregivers much-needed breaks.
Echo can’t completely replace human touch or real conversation, but the intelligent voice controls can make it feel like a helpful friend.
Echo’s voice-activated features are great for seniors with dementia:
- Instantly answers questions, like “what day is it?” or “what time is it?” — it’s a machine, so it will never get annoyed or frustrated!
- Plays music and read audiobooks and the news — no need to fuss with complicated controls
- Tells fun jokes and riddles
- Looks up information about anything — like, “what’s playing on TV tonight?”
- Reports traffic and weather